Sign In
Sign in
English
Please feel free to share your Blender-related news. Your news will be featured in www.blendernews.org, if the admin find them worthy of note by professionals and studios using Blender.
We are so pleased to tell you about one of the first 3S customers, ALDY.3D

Art Station Profile: https://www.artstation.com/muhammadaldy
Project Name: Steampunk Train
Render engine: Cycles
Format: Still image
Style: Concept Art

What can 3D artists choose to do during the coronavirus pandemic?

2020, the world is covered by the coronavirus pandemic which affects the 3D industry. During this time, many 3D artists have been working from home or even leaving the office for a long time without pay. “So what should we do to not waste time in this crisis?” is the question that 3D artists have been still pondering over.

For Aldy, to take advantage of his spare time during the pandemic, he decided to create artworks in order to improve his skills as well as his portfolio. At the same time, Gleb Alexandrov, a 3D Artist, Pixel Pusher at Creative Shrimp, who makes Youtube videos with Blender tips, and tutorials, with his amazing Steampunk Train inspired Aldy to start his project. And, he worked on his own Steampunk Train for about 2 months, starting from 15th July to 27th August.

Take advantage of the add-ons in Blender

Aldy didn’t select any third applications for this design. Instead, he used composite nodes and a lot of add-ons in Blender to make modeling and texturing easier. However, there are many difficulties to create this artwork in which lighting is the most difficult because his computer was unable to render a preview to check whether the lighting was correct or not.

After that, “I was so impressed when shading played the nodes in Blender. After that, I could give many suggestions together with recommendations about inputs; thanks to this, my work would be better in the future.” – Aldy shared.

It might take 12 hours to render a scene

To render this artwork including hundreds of textures and millions of verts, Aldy had a problem with his RAM which was not large enough to render this scene. Therefore, his computer immediately went to a blue screen every time he rendered. After optimizing in Blender, he was able to render this project for 12 hours on his personal computer at 2000 samples, 3840 x 1730, Denoise. Finally, he tried using a render farm for this work.

How did you experience on 3S Cloud Render Farm, Aldy?

– “I rendered on 3S Render Farm, it was very fast. Specifically, it only took about 20 minutes when rendering on 3S while on my personal computer, it might take 12 rendering hours. Although there are many features on this render farm, the UI was, fortunately, very easy for beginners like me to use. If you have any issues, it is very easy to get assistance at any time. Especially, the most important was the quality of the rendering results, but there was no difference. I felt very satisfied and attached when using this rendering service.”

We still remember that when Aldy uploaded his project (just about 2GB) to our system, unfortunately, his network speed was definitely poor. So our team, at 2 am, still gathered together to assist him. Finally, of course, he uploaded it successfully. We would like to thank Aldy and all customers for giving us enjoyable and rewarding experiences.
Views :
Registered Date :
13:40:06 (*.241.65.93)
Trackback :
http://blendernews.org/xe/20407/2a8/trackback
Article URL :
http://blendernews.org/xe/20407
List of Articles
No. Subject Author Datesort Views
16 3S Cloud Render Farm - All you need in a rendering service 3SRenderFarm Dec 09, 2020 4190
» 3S Cloud Render Farm's success stories 3SRenderFarm Dec 17, 2020 3978
14 Biggest headache in the render process - Best computer for rendering 3SRenderFarm Oct 25, 2021 3762
13 What are NFT and its relevance to Digital Artworks? 3SRenderFarm Nov 23, 2021 3171
12 3S Cloud Render Farm supports NVIDIA A10G Tensor Core GPUs 3SRenderFarm Dec 14, 2021 5967
11 Render projects with high security on 3S Cloud Render Farm 3SRenderFarm Dec 29, 2021 3957
10 How the render farm pricing works: GHz-hour, Core-hour, OB-hour 3SRenderFarm Feb 14, 2022 3953
9 Speed up the rendering process - How to render faster 3SRenderFarm Mar 01, 2022 3059
8 What is a Render Farm? When should I use a Render Farm? 3SRenderFarm Mar 31, 2022 3356
7 Easy-to-use Render Farm and Smart Analysis – 3S Cloud Render Farm 3SRenderFarm Apr 14, 2022 3001
6 Completely Control Rendering Cost & Time 3SRenderFarm Apr 22, 2022 2511
5 Free Preview Render | 3S Cloud Render Farm’s Features 3SRenderFarm Apr 27, 2022 2797
4 Speed Up Maya Arnold Render – 3S Cloud Render Farm 3SRenderFarm May 06, 2022 2813
3 Best Renderers for Houdini | Top Render Engine for Houdini 3SRenderFarm May 19, 2022 2692
2 Best Render Farms for Octane Renderer 3SRenderFarm May 26, 2022 2785
1 Copyright and Software Licenses on 3S Cloud Render Farm 3SRenderFarm Jun 03, 2022 2688

(C) 2012. All rights reserved. www.blendernews.org