2019 has again been an unprecedented year for Blender user due to amazing new capabilities of Blender and to excellent new Blender tutorials that inform you about how to use them. It's a blessing to have those generous CG artists who have willingly shared their expertise online--and often for free. To select and feature just 12 of them might not do justice for all the hard work and toil on the part of all the online tutorial contributors. But it could be beneficial for people who just don't have time to look through all of them--especially if they don't want to follow through a tutorial for more than half an hour without discovering anything new.
So how were they chosen? Some of the criteria were:
1. Originality: Covering or discovering unaddressed or insufficiently addressed features or new ways to handle a task
2. Practicality: Impact on actual production pipeline.
3. Up-to-date validity: Whether it works in the latest Blender versions or not.
4. Clarity: How well thought-out and how easy to understand the presentation was.
5. Presentation: Professional and shorter the better.
6. Viewer response: How many viewers actually find it helpful (such as Youtube Like-and-Dislike ratio).
And please be mindful that the the must-see tutorials on Blender Cloud have been omitted from this review for obvious reasons.
And for more noteworthy tutorials you can check out the following features: